Friday, March 4, 2011

Experiment

Afternoon

I spent today driving around different parts of Newcastle playing with a stacked polarized filter and linear filter combo in an attempt to try my hand at previously mentioned slow exposures.
I don't have a remote shutter so each exposure was at 30 seconds maximum, admit ably I'm not over the moon with the photos i took, but i imagine it is a good draft for a start.
I'm really looking forward to going out and shooting more.
There are a few locations i have in my memory to explore and a let more i want to find.
If you happen to know any good water scape styled areas, mangroves, oyster traps, old broken jetty's. That sort of thing, please comment about them

Now I'll post two images from today.

This one was my favorite, i did learn that my lens was very dirty and i had to clean a lot of dust off the image.
I would love to go at this again and work on it more, a more cloudy day, longer exposure, those sorts of things.


This one was down near my house, some of the houses by the lake have private jetty's. I just wandered a long and took a few shots. This was the first experiment with the lens when i started getting excited now knowing what i could do with it.

Well that is all i have to say for now.
I will be out shooting as much as possible.

-Bear

0 comments:

Post a Comment