Friday, March 25, 2011

Another Exposure

Hey

So I've been researching a bunch more into the slow exposure side of things. It's a lot of fun just to read and think about. I did go out and practice some more. I went to the beach and tried to shoot the shore line with a ship a long it. Personally I'm a bit fond of the outcome. I think i would prefer too shoot these black and white images in a square image but I don't think I will for these shots yet.
For your curiosity, here is the image.


I would enjoy some critiquing or comments on it, but it's not that important.

I've mostly been scoping around different areas and finding scenes I would want to shoot.
I have a remote shutter in the mail, I look forward to being able to have more control over the outcome.

I've also been working on something completely different.
At my area of work we have a new office in Charlestown that has opened. I've been doing some building shots for the brochure and whatnot. Although I've never really shot a building before. It was a fun little thing to do. I also discovered using the stacked filters gives a better effect on the building, no blow outs in the sky and i can get dreamy clouds.
There are two shots, the first which was my initial attempt and the second was the requested shot by the owner.


I am a fan of the first one, but the owner likes the second one as far as i can tell.
I'm not really fussed it's his choice. I like them both so it's not a bad outcome regardless of which one is chosen.


Thanks for reading
-Bear

2 comments:

Lachlan the Mad said... Best Blogger Tips

Clearly the owner is a philistine. The first one is far superior.

Jean-Louis Kocher said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lachlan the Mad

Ah thanks for the comment, he's okey. Just has a very specific idea in his mind.

Post a Comment